Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Newbie questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carrion Kitten

PostSubject: Newbie questions   Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:15 pm

I am considering joining DAJ, but have a few questions and concerns I wanted to bring up first.

First question: what are DAJ's standards for activity? In order to decide whether or not to join, I would first need to have some idea of what the minimum required level of activity is so I can evaluate whether it is feasible for me to remain sufficiently active when I resume classes and most of my free time goes away.

The second question involves saber skills. I haven't played Jedi Academy in years and back when I did, I didn't do much PVP, so when it comes to saber combat I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Meanwhile everyone else who still actively plays has presumably been doing so for years and has mastered their saber skills to a level where I am concerned that the skill gap may be insurmountable. Is this going to be a major problem, or no?

The third is about the setting, specifically whether joining the Jedi is voluntary or compulsory for force-sensitives. It seems implied to be voluntary, but I wanted to confirm. If someone is discovered or suspected to be force-sensitive, is there any legal obligation to notify the Jedi, or do the parents of a force-sensitive child have the right to keep this information to themselves and raise the child as normal? Do the Jedi have the right to conscript force-sensitive individuals? Does the GA have any way of screening for force-sensitivity in children?

The fourth question involves a character concept I'm considering whose shtick is Force premonitions. This would have to be discussed with whichever players are in charge of the plotsmithing to determine if the concept is workable or if it would be too much effort. Deciding when visions occur and what is seen would require collaboration with whoever is running the plot at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kain
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions   Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:15 pm

This is the website of an older DAJ.
This DAJ stopped some time ago now and doesnt have any activity nor business in JKA.

There is a split from this DAJ which is still trying to keep going, not sure whats going on with them.
Good luck with google i guess ^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Newbie questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1